Det Norske Veritas (DNV) has certified Hydra-Electric as AS9100/ISO9001 compliant. We maintain a QMS that includes:
- A set of procedures that cover all key processes in the business
- Monitoring processes to ensure our procedures are effective
- Keeping adequate records of all processes and procedures
- Checking output for defects, with appropriate and corrective action where necessary
- Regularly reviewing individual processes and the quality system itself for effectiveness
- Facilitating continual improvement
- Special procedures maintained by certified suppliers
FAA Repair Station
Hydra-Electric has a certified FAA Repair Station in-house (certificate number AC3R366L), so we are able to repair all the products we manufacture. We only repair PMA-approved parts and we work closely with the local FAA offices in Van Nuys, California, to make sure we are current with the latest FAA regulations involving repair and production.
European Aviation Safety Agency
The European Aviation Safety Agency (Part 145) has certified Hydra-Electric for repairs, acknowledging that our products have high quality and low failure rates. In cases of failure, we provide Failure Analysis Reports so you fully understand any issues with products or your operating system. Most returned products are No Fault Found (NFF), and in those cases we will assist in troubleshooting possible problems inherent in your system that may be affecting product performance. Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) reports can be obtained from Hydra-Electric, so you will have an accurate idea of how many cycles our products will endure.
Hydra-Electric began manufacturing for the U.S. military in the 1950s, as it became apparent to the Armed Forces that the company had patented the best technology for pressure switches, with our Negative Rate Disk Spring. Our aerospace products are designed to meet various specifications, such as:
- DO-160—Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment
- MIL-S-9395—Gage Pressure Switch
- MIL-S-28827—Pressure Switch: Thermostatic, Hermetically Sealed
- MIL-S-28788—Switches: Air and Liquid Flow, Sensing
- MIL-STD-810—Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests
- MIL-STD-202—Test Method Standard: Electronic Parts
REACH and Conflict of Minerals
Hydra-Electric is in full compliance with the recent Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) regulations. We do not utilize or export any chemicals or substances to levels that are restricted by REACH, a European Union regulation that entered into force in June 2007, with a phased implementation over the next decade. It is the strictest law to date regulating the production and use of chemical substances that may affect human health and the environment. In addition, all of Hydra-Electric’s suppliers must abide by this requirement. See our Supplier Product Requirements.