At Hydra Electric we are committed to recruiting, hiring, and developing the best talent. We are looking for innovative thinkers and diligent workers who will make our company and products thrive. Whether you are an engineer, machinist, drafter, accountant, sales representative, assembler, or maintenance mechanic, you can find a bright future here at Hydra!
If we do not currently have an opening you are looking for, you can email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your resume and notify you if there is an opening for which you are qualified.
Hydra Electric is an EEO/AA Employer.
If you require a reasonable accomodation to submit and/or complete an application, please email us with your request at email@example.com
Please explore our job opportunities listed below. View benefits summary >>
How To Apply:
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN A RAPIDLY GROWING COMPANY AND SHARE IN THE SUCCESS!
If you are a high-energy professional who enjoys working collaboratively with a strong team in a demanding but collegial environment then we would like to hear from you. Only strong Controller candidates will be considered. This position reports to the CFO.
Hydra-Electric has developed breakthrough technology products that are delivering strong growth which we expect to accelerate in the next several years. The Company is undergoing positive changes and we need someone who will guide and motivate his/her team and peers. This person will be accountable for the ongoing development and monitoring of manufacturing cost accounting and financial control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
We are a small, entrepreneurial company in Burbank, CA. We are fast and nimble. It is a modest work environment that is quite different from large corporate and/or government/military enterprises, so please consider carefully whether you are up to the challenge.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
· Manage and coordinate the monthly accounting closing process to ensure accuracy and completion within the deadlines set by management.
· Maintain the general and subsidiary ledgers and prepares financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices.
· Prepare monthly financial results packet for distribution.
· Oversee and review the preparation of various schedules including trends of expenses, account and bank reconciliations and cash flow support schedules.
· Ensure timely and accurate preparation and review of accruals, journal entries, account reconciliations, variance analysis, management reports and other analysis as required.
· Lead the annual physical inventory including adjusting cost standards and burden rates.
· Analyze cost of goods sold and provide analysis of inventories, material, direct labor, and manufacturing overhead with variance accounting according to GAAP.
· Direct and coordinates the day-to-day activities of the accounting staff providing goals, performance reviews, coaching and support in the pursuit of departmental objectives.
· Participate in the development of departmental budgets and the company financial plan
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
· Strong GAAP accounting knowledge.
· Manufacturing, MRP/ERP, cost accounting knowledge.
· Solid accounting systems knowledge. Syteline a plus!
· Intermediate / Advance MS Excel.
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
Years of Experience:
A minimum of 7+ years manufacturing accounting experience preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.